On October 6, 2008 by Anand Subramanian. · 15 comments so far
When I was starting my money online ventures almost 3 years(woo, the anniversary is comin up!) back I had adsense on my personal site in geocities and stuck up adsense chunks on all the three pages of my site and was waiting for revenue to roll in. But then, if you have had your hands dirty with adsense, you probably now know that it does not work that way
I got my account activated on the 3rd of November 2005. And that was my first years income on adsense! But unlike most others, I did not quit 😉 Currently making a decent money on adsense, I guess I can talk about a few reasons why you do not make anything out of your adsense sites.
1. Keywords – No, I am not talking SEO here, but for adsense to make money, you will want to have those keywords in your article which has some number of advertisers. And usage of keywords for SEO is already proved by the gurus out there. More Traffic –> More Clicks —> More Money!!!
2. Niche – Niche is something my blog does not have, so take a clue. I, after blogging for about 2 years now am yet to decide which category this blog belongs to. Its about me, blogging, wordpress, seo, money online and even technology or php or anything else! I still get confused which category to submit my site to when I apply for networks! Niche your site well and gain targetted traffic making more clicks on your ads.
3. Dead Site – Without regular updation, your site is dead. More pages indexed, more ways for the traffic to trickle in. No brainer, really.
4. Attention Deficiency – If you are anything like what I was, you are creating sites and then forgetting them, running behind more niches than you can actually handle. Treating each site like a business in itself can go a long way in making successful residual adsense income.
5. Time & Research – Research your keywords and you will understand why your 2 post blog on credit cards is making nothing! It usually take anywhere between 3-5 months when a site begins to show some decent traffic and money on adsense. And almost a year to reach its full potential if you have a proper link building and SEO blueprint up.
So, do you guys have adsense sites making you a passive income? Or are you fed up of looking at Today’s Earnings: $0.00 ? 😉 I wanted to know your feedback before I sit down to write a free report detailing step by step approach to adsense and basic SEO. Would you guys be interested?