On September 4, 2007 by Anand Subramanian. · 1 comment so far
Do you think you totally lack creativity? I, for one is a person who totally lacks creativity when I am in front of Photoshop or Flash. Its because of both that I was never a good artist or know how to create what. But I am totally interested in creating stuff with it and spend hours to get that perfect look. But at times I feel I lack creativity to do anything useful. Why? Is creativity a trait of a select few? Can everyone unleash their creativity in a steady flow?
Here are a few tips I usually do to rediscover my creative juices.
- Read. This helps me gain new knowledge and grasp new ideas. I read a lot online and offline, good and bad and everything I can lay my hands on.
- Focus on a creativity activity. For me its either a stint with Photoshop, building a new site or writing content for the blogs I own.
- Think about something inside or outside the box. When I say both ways, I mean that though creative freedom is a beautiful thing, limitations enforce discipline.
- Try something new everyday. A new activity can do wonders on your mind. It puts you outside your comfort zone, making you alert and as you venture out of your C-Zone, you are entitled to adventure and you get experiences to share.
- Enjoy TheAnand! Well, it will not only help you learn stuff and also will give you some insights into the life of a will-be millionaire (Yea, positive attitude they say) 😀
These are some of the things I personally follow. this does help me a great deal. So, what do you do to get your creative juices flowing?