And Man he f’d up! It usually never ends well, does it? Within hours of Dr. RS Sharma, TRAI Chairman publishing his Aadhaar, twitterati retrieved the following information about Dr Ram Sewak Sharma.
- Mobile number linked to Aadhaar
- Home Address and previous addresses
- Gmail and yahoo addresses
- Air India Frequent Flyer number (which was his password recovery question)
- PAN Number
- Voter ID
- UPI Address
- Date of Birth
- (hopefully old) Gmail password
- Phone make
- Photos of family members
This was all public in less than 10 hours. From getting the phone number to his frequent flyer number, it will be a chain of hacks that will be his undoing. Socially engineered hacks, system vulnerabilities and access to the right friends in right places can open an individuals most private details and screw his/her life up.
For now, I can only hope someone does not send him a box of adult toys or sign him up for those nasty newsletters.